Monday, June 2, 2008

Super delegates CAN change their mind

Super delegates CAN change their mind. Just ask Kevin Rodriguez.

The Wall Street Journal reports: “One thing about super delegates is they can change their minds,” Clinton told reporters in the aisle of the plane. “With us in the front of the cabin is a super delegate who went from me to Sen. Obama and now is back with me, in the course of, you know, a matter of weeks.” A campaign spokeswoman later informed the cabin that the super delegate she was referring to is Kevin Rodriguez, a DNC member from the Virgin Islands, who was accompanying her on the flight from San Juan. The campaign had previously announced his support. “I think it’s only now that we're finishing these contests that people are going to actually reflect on who is our stronger candidate. And I believe I am. And I'm going to make that case,” Clinton said.

She sure is - making that case. As I see it...the longer Clinton stays in the race the greater chances she will have for the public to see that she is the stronger candidate. Every night when I turn on the TV, the news is telling us a bit more about the other candidates and much of it is not good. Clinton's life is an open book. She's been in the public eye for years.

This election is not over. As much as I believe there will be more super delegates who change their mind. The logic of having super delegates determine who will be our next candidate is just ludicrous! Let's go with the popular vote. Change this system! It may have worked in the past, but it is not working to well today. Get rid of delegates and super delegates. Count OUR votes!

No comments: