Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'm free, I'm free, I'm free!


On Tuesday 9/02/08 I got to do something that most middle income workers can't do, I paid off my mortgage! Can you share the excitement with me and think about how much I am going to enjoy not owing anyone any money??? No more thinking about when the house payments are due!

I am so proud!

My house payment has been my greatest monthly cost since I was twenty two years old. I've spent 28 years every month, single, married, divorced, happy, sad, rich(er), poorer, crazy and crying....wondering if I was going to be able to pay my house payment.

Now, because I don't have that monthly mortgage looming over me, I can finally pursue a new career.

I'm going to put that monthly payment in the bank, at least until I can do my homework and figure out where to make more than .7% interest. Wow! Cool! Now my attention can be spent on figuring out how to make money with my money!

Maybe I could retire early? Most likely not. But you will find me smiling because I know I am one of the very few in the world who own their home free and clear!

No comments: